Be Honest: Are You 100% Satisfied
With Your Mixes Right Now?
If you're producing music for commercial use, how many of your mixes are getting forwarded? How many of them are actually getting placed?
If you're producing music as a creative outlet or for the sheer enjoyment of the process, are your mixes connecting with your listeners? Are they even connecting with YOU?
Do you spend hours mixing a song, then hear a commercial mix on the radio, and get discouraged because your mix doesn't sound anything like it? In fact, not even close? (Let's face it...at one time or another we've all been there!)
Well, it doesn't have to be that way any longer. You CAN improve your mixing chops significantly...right now!
Whether you're just starting out or have been mixing music for years, there's always room to improve your mixing skills. But how? There's a ton of gear to choose from and a ton of conflicting information on the Internet about mixing.
So, where do you start...? How do you get there...? And how do you learn to apply it all?
More Gear Is Not The Solution!
First, let's get one thing out of the way, right up front: You do NOT have to go out and spend a ton of money on new gear to produce better mixes.
Good mixing is not about having the latest version of some whiz-bang piece of software. And you don't have to fill your studio with racks of outboard effects or the latest and greatest plugins. In fact, you probably don't need ANY new gear to significantly improve your mixing sound. (Sorry if you were looking for an excuse... but your bank account—and significant other—will thank me later!)
What you DO need is to learn the methodology, secrets, tricks and techniques from a seasoned pro who has spent decades mixing thousands of songs... someone who can show you—step by step—exactly what you need to do to take your mixes to a higher level and give them the musical and emotional impact that they deserve.
What you need is
Fett's Mixing Mastery program!
So, What's A Fett?
For those of you who don't know me yet, let me introduce myself...
My name is Fett.
That's it. Just one name... Fett.
I'm a 35-plus-year veteran of the music industry. I'm a musician and songwriter, but mostly I'm an independent record producer and engineer. In that capacity, I've played a role in more than 50 albums and many hundreds of demos and single-song recordings in many different genres and for many different markets. I've worked with both major-label and indie artists. And my recordings have been played on radio and been used in film and TV. So, that's how I've gained the bulk of my experience.
But one thing that makes me different from a lot of other producers and engineers is that for seven years I was also the Technology Editor for the prestigious Performing Songwriter magazine. This allowed me to get my hands on and test every kind of music gear imaginable! I also got to work with and learn from the music gear manufacturers directly—learning insider tricks and tips from the designers, as well as their pro users. Ironically, that was where I learned that it's not about the gear itself, it's about how you apply the gear you have that makes the difference in the quality of your recordings and mixes.
But here's the thing you really need to know about me... I can teach you.
Throughout my career, I've always made it a point to share my knowledge with others. I've helped both amateur and pro musicians, engineers and producers to set up and use their own studios and to record, mix and master their own projects. I've taught at the Nashville Songwriters Association (NSAI), Belmont University, SAE Institute, the TAXI Road Rally and SongU.com. I've developed my own online training programs about music production. And I've even written a book, called Fett's Mixing Roadmap.
And the one thing that my clients and students tell me over and over again is that I am able to explain music production and technology using straightforward, non-technical, non-geeky terms.
Don't get me wrong... I can get geeky if you want me to! But I can also explain things in plain English. So anyone can understand.
Ever Wanted To
Look Over A Pro's Shoulder?...
In my book, Fett's Mixing Roadmap, I focused on the methodology of mixing. And while the book has become quite popular, the biggest comment I get from readers is "How do I learn more? I love the book, but now I want to go deeper. How can I take my mixes to that next level?"
As a result, I've developed an in-depth, Internet-based program for those who are serious about creating better mixes.
In essence, you get to look over my shoulder as I walk you through the mixing process, showing you every step on the screen as it's happening.
In fact, here's just a partial list of what I cover in this program...
- The 3 M's of mixing (the "why")
- How to create an emotionally impactful mix
- The relationship between song arrangement and mixing
- Specific techniques for 3-dimensional positioning and placement of parts in a mix
- Using "stock" vs. third-party plug-ins
- How to use groups for organization and saving resources
- Mixing musical parts vs. mixing "tracks"
- Using automation for greater emotional impact
- Track cleanup, editing and comping
- Setting nominal levels
- Stereo panning techniques
- How to use time-based effects (reverb, delay, etc.) to convey the overall mood of the song
- EQ implementation, techniques and adjustments
- Compression controls and side-chaining
- How to convey a sense of movement in your mix
- Master bus processing
- And specific mixing techniques for drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, lead vocals, background vocals, specialty instruments, percussion and MIDI/virtual instrument tracks
So, How Does It Work?...
Fett's Mixing Mastery program is available RIGHT NOW
and here's what you can expect...
- Over 15 Hours of Master-class Level Instruction. Fett's Mixing Mastery isn't a surface-level skim of the basics of mixing. It's a comprehensive, real-world, in-depth examination of every step of the mixing process, using the Seven Phases of Mixing from my Fett's Mixing Roadmap book.
- Video Lessons Delivered Online. Each module is delivered to you as a series of video lessons that you can access with any secure network connection. But you don't have to be available at a specific day or time to be "in class." Instead, you can watch each video on your own time and at your own pace.
- Hands-on, Hear-for-yourself Exercises. The best way to really learn something and make it stick is to do it yourself. So, many modules also include suggested exercises that relate directly to the material so you can try out the techniques for yourself and reinforce what you've just learned.
- Access ALL Materials for At Least One Year. Don't have time to keep up with all the videos right now? No worries. Even after you've gone through the modules for the first time, you'll be able to access ALL of the materials for at least one year. Watch them as many times as you want. In fact, I encourage it—there's a ton of material to absorb, and sometimes the best way for it to sink in is through repetition.
- Sample Audio Files are Provided For You. To ensure that everyone is starting from the same place, I provide all students with copies of the same audio files. These tracks are from real-world sessions, recorded in Nashville by top-echelon studio musicians. So, you'll be able to focus on just mixing! After all, this is a program about mixing, not about recording or cleaning up tracks. Of course, you are welcome to try out all of the techniques you learn on your own audio files as well. But to participate in this program, it's not required.
- Get Even More Insight From Past Q&A Call Recordings. In previous versions of this program that I taught live, I conducted group Q&A calls where the students and I had lively, interactive discussions about a variety of topics related to the course materials. Well, I recorded all of those calls to high-quality MP3 files that are available to you for streaming and download, so even in this Home Study version of the program, you get the benefit of hearing other students' questions—and my answers to them as well. And just like the videos, you can re-visit these recordings again and again.
- Private Facebook Forum. You'll also be granted access to a private Facebook forum set up just for students of this program. This is a great place to share tips, ask questions, compare mixes and generally communicate with your peers.
Sign Up NOW to
Take Advantage of My Special Offer...
For a limited time, I'm making this program available for more than 50% off the regular price.
Yep. You heard me right. Right now, I'm offering it for only $1497 697!
So, please don't wait. Save yourself a lot of money and sign up now.
After this limited-time offer expires, the price WILL go up.
Yes! I want my mixes to sound awesome!
Still not sure?
Here's What Some of My
Previous Students & Clients Say...
"I learned an incredible amount of knowledge not available anywhere else about mixing and mastering my own music. Thanks for your information about reverb and mixing. I used it in a mix today and loved the results."
"Kudos to you for an amazingly great presentation and body of material...You are providing the best guidance on recording that anyone could receive, short of years of apprenticeship. I've very much enjoyed many of your personal "pointers" and "secrets" that you've gleaned over the years... Thanks!"
"Can't tell you how much I enjoyed your seminars and book. I learned enough in the recording class alone to make the entire trip [to the convention] worthwhile. In fact, I took some of the knowledge, went to my room, remixed a track through my laptop speakers and improved the quality considerably!"
"I really enjoyed hearing your work and learning techniques for being a better engineer. Your perspective and methods are very useful when thinking about not just mixing and engineering, but how to go about writing and arranging my songs to make for a better end product."
"Your classes on recording and mixing were amazing. I walked out pleased with how much I already knew, shocked at how much I had just learned, and motivated to run home and get started! [Your suggestions] helped immensely! The enthusiasm, professionalism and down-to-earth friendliness you brought to the classroom was inspiring."
"I bought and read your book, and gotta say, this is one of the best books on Mixing I've ever read. I swallowed it in two days (and I am not an aggressive reader). All information given is straight to the point, no BS. Everything just makes sense. Love the comedic spin on things. What I loved the most about the book is that whenever different questions popped up in my head as I was reading, in most cases you answered them in the next paragraph. That was totally awesome."
If you're still not sure Fett's Mixing Mastery program is right for you,
perhaps this will help...
100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
I offer a 100% money-back guarantee within the first 30 days of the program! That's right: you get a full month to try out the program, and if you're not completely satisfied for any reason, I'll give you a full refund. You've got nothing to lose!
Let Me Ask You This...
How much did you spend on your last guitar? Or keyboard? Or drum set?
How much did you spend on your latest DAW upgrade? Or the newest batch of plug-ins? Or that totally awesome, just-had-to-have-it audio interface?
I get it. They're fun. And it's exciting to have new stuff to play with.
But none of these things will get you where you want to go in your music career unless YOU know how to USE them.
Do something different with your mixes this year. Take the big step up. Invest in YOURSELF and let the world hear what you're REALLY capable of!
You Get All Of This...
so you can watch when it's convenient for you
so you can try out the techniques you are learning
Audio Files Provided
so you can focus on learning mixing techniques
Access For 1 Year
to all of the videos, recordings, and files
Previous Call Recordings
so you can hear live Q&A with previous students
Private Facebook Forum
so you can compare notes & mixes with other students
And AWESOME Mixes To Boot!
Yes, this is My Year for Music...
and I Want to Sign Up for Fett's Mixing Mastery!
I look forward to helping you make awesome mixes!
P.S.: I've worked with songwriters, artists, producers, engineers, and composers at ALL levels. You can DO this. And I will help you. Taking your mixes to a new, higher level will immediately make a difference in your music and will help you make the impact that your music deserves.
Remember: Life Without Music Would Be A Mistake!